A message from our Founders, Ben & Jade Bower
Welcome to the Stinkbug tribe! We are really excited about our rebrand and vision moving forward! Our journey began in our kitchen in 2011 when Jade became pregnant with our first child. We found ourselves on a journey to create a high-end, all-natural deodorant with limited ingredients that worked and was cost-efficient.
However, once our first child was born, Jade handed the Stinkbug keys over to her husband, so she could stay at home to raise our children. With Ben’s BIG brains and even BIGGER MUSCLES, he took Stinkbug to the next level. Jade and Ben always knew LIFE DOESN’T STINK but decided to FINALLY bring to the forefront what has driven and motivated us to KEEP GOING and why the world needs to know why LIFE DOESN’T STINK.
Over the past few months we really nailed down why we exist.
“We exist to increase hope in the world: hope that kids grow up well, families are supported and communities are restored. Oh, and the hope our underarms smell nice in the most natural way possible.”
So….this purpose statement is the backbone behind our packaging. We love how the packaging now shows the support for other people and hope that is so important to us! We believe that family is TOP PRIORITY and we are passionate about turning our communities into hope canopies.
We do this by:
- Creating a culture of HOPE, SERVANTHOOD and GOOD MUSIC in the workplace
- Partnering and serving with Light of Life Rescue Mission. A Pittsburgh, PA based ministry that provides homes for the homeless and food for the hungry
- Donating 10% of profits towards Urban Impact Foundation, a non-profit organization on the Northside of Pittsburgh that invests in the lives of at-risk children, youth and families
- Holding regular small group meetings at Stinkbug’s office for the community
- Donating free products to individuals with cancer.
- Bringing hope, color and life to a category that could use a jolt of fun and electricity.
Stinkbug does not just celebrate our effective and limited deodorant ingredient list. We get excited about the opportunities of tangibly bringing hope through a stick of deodorant, because in the grand scheme of things……we get to keep what we give away.